I recently discovered Artemis. It’s amazing, but the problem is that it only runs on Windows, iOS, and Android. These are my notes on how I got it working on one of my macOS machines.
- Install PlayOnMac.
- Followed the onscreen instructions, including installing XQuartz
- Download the ArtemisDemo, you’ll need it for the inital install.
- Click on “Install a program”
- Click on “Install a non-listed program”
- Read the popups for the installation
- Create a new “virtual drive”
- “Select another file” as the installation program, select the
Artemisas the installation shortcut
- Complete installation
Artemisin the “PlayOnMac” screen
- Click “Run”
- You should see the game (Demo).
If you have a copy of the game already for instance on something like Steam,
and would like to copy it in, you can take the folder from something like:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Artemis and copy it into something like:
After this, you can open up the folder, and double click
Artemis.exe, and you should
see the application full start.